Friday, April 21, 2006

FALL HAS ARRIVED

the sunny beach weather has changed under my nose.... i have now noticed because i see myself wearing the same thing over and over again to protect from the rain
.
as the persian new year passed... with the sight of my improzied haftseen (w/ sang...sanjagh...salvia)... my body was ready for spring as fall arrived with force and the openning of the sky
.
they say it never rains like this here..... this is the rain of sao paulo i hear.... a rain which quietly entered my house one night ...and has yet to leave
.
pots... pans....bowls....buckts...and rags are strewen about the floor and house to protect from the puddles of water that gather inside ... i feel quite lucky that there is only a timid droplot over my bed..... and my equiptment has not been ruined!!
.
there is a constant drip in my bedroom doorway which has gathered 3 gallons of water thus far....and keeps me company in the silence.......a silence i hear rarely between the thunder of rain pouring on the metal roofing
.
oh the reality of living in the favela is hitting me.... they way it is hard to escape this wetness in the land full of metal roofed houses....and one never knows how wet the house will get until the rain hits
.
leaving the house in this weather and the river which forms over the road is extremely difficult... all this....making the sandwhiches quite impossible to hand out right now..... as my stay here in salvador comes to an end for this first phase
.
we will speak again in Sao Paulo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home