Monday, April 03, 2006

a lil something to wet the tongue

(I AM HAVING SERIOUS ISSUES WITH MY USB MALFUNCTIONING...AND THE INTERNET/COMPUTER SITUATION AROUND ME...IS NOT COOPERATING...I~M SORRY FOR THE LACK OF CORRESPONDANCE)

I had been sequestered for sometime and now return to what is important…communicating with you….

Carnaval and the preparations came with a tidal wave of insanity. By the end, I found myself escaping to nature and the beautiful natural terrain of Chapada Diamantina.

Two weeks of head clearing, meditating, writing, hiking, bathing in waterfalls, and preparing for collage application submissions. I spent my time in Vale do Capao, which is a quiet community full of poverty but lacking hunger. The abundance of fruit bearing trees and vegetable gardens has created a semi self-sufficient society. There is a lack of running water and electricity for many, but these are amenities that we are used to, which never existed for them. I felt a sense of the past. I had the experience of living in a natural rhythm. Waking and sleeping with the sun and no clock to rule my life’s moments. Chapada was quite the contrast to the city life I live and love so much, but it really opened my eyes to this alternative original existence.

The kids I observed were so full of love and spirit, which only nature can give. Sharing was not a problem in this accepting community, where mine is yours and ours is theirs. Nature was their playground. The trees and rivers were their jungle gyms. Shoes were not a necessity, and “bugs” were not a nuisance. All this was very new and enlightening to me. Seeing the contrast in the lives of the kids on the streets and the kids in the valley made me think about how to use nature as a future tool to progress the permanent impact of project americas. Maybe beginning some sort of community house where these kids can voluntarily re-locate…. live in community supportive family atmosphere…
learn to grow own food..
just thinking at the moment…
any ideas??...
More on that later…



i wrote a lot more...and posted about twenty pictures which this bloging site conveniently erased.... im frustrated... because i want to show you what i~m doing... and the techonlogy here wont let me...
more later...when i get my patience back

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home